Recliner chairs are extremely popular. You can find them everywhere, from the living room setting to high-quality office chairs. However, not even the high-quality recliner chairs can eliminate the persistent back pain that comes as a result of sitting in the same position the whole day. Adding lumbar support is one of the ways to reduce back pain and discomfort. With that in mind, we invested a valuable amount of time to find the best support pillow for the recliner chair.
In addition to detailed and transparent reviews, we also wrote a compelling buying guide that will help you decide on the best support pillow for a recliner chair.
Who May Need a Lumbar Support Pillow for Recliner Chair
- People who spend a lot of time sitting in an uncomfortable and unhealthy position will have additional support and won’t worry about back pain.
- They are flexible and body-conforming to your needs.
- After some time of using them, the overall health of your spine will improve.
- They are portable and easy to carry with you everywhere you go.
- They are versatile and can be used flexibly. Most of them are suitable for other sitting mechanisms like office chairs, gaming chairs, car seats, wheelchairs, and others.
- It is ideal for use in case when a person suffers from a rheumatic condition like arthritis or some other type like scoliosis to provide the necessary support.
5 Best Lumbar Support Pillow for Recliner Chair
#1. Best Overall: ComfiLife Lumbar Support Back Pillow
After thorough and careful research and testing, ComfiLife was our personal favorite lumbar support pillow for a recliner chair. But not only that, it can easily be used on office chairs, car seats, and many others. They are versatile and easy to adjust, you only need to find the option that seems to look like the closest fit to your recliner chair.
If our judgment for the best support pillow for recliner chair being Comfilife back pillow doesn’t suffice, let the many chiropractors and physicians who recommend and praise this pillow be the testament of its quality. It is equipped with a contoured memory foam cushion that provides ideal support towards the lower spine, the one that is the most prone to intense back pains due to increased sitting in the office and sedentary life in particular.
This support back pillow is equipped with contouring memory foam cushion that embraces your back and reduces and even minimalizes the back pain. Over time of using this pillow, you’ll see that your spine naturally conforms to sit straight, eliminating the pain. It’s important to note that the memory foam will react to the temperature changes of your body. It’ll be softer in the warm environment, while when it’s cold, it’ll be firmer.
This pillow has a versatile purpose, aside from recliner chairs, it can be used on car seats and office chairs. Given that the two aren’t as cushy compared to bulky and soft recliner chairs, this pillow comes with elastic strap, which also feels spread enough for thicker recliner chairs.
The pillow also boasts amazing maintenance options. For example, its cover is breathable meaning your spine won’t feel too hot. Moreover, you can remove the cover and clean it with ease.
- It’s not overly expensive and offers an amazing value for the price.
- In addition to all its features, it comes with a 100% warranty guarantee, meaning you can easily return the product if you’re not satisfied with its performance.
- It’s comfortable, breathable and offers necessary lumbar support for extended sitting.
- The fabric is breathable to avoid sweating and overheating.
- Promotes and encourages healthy sitting positions.
#2. Runner Up: Desk Jockey Lumbar Pillow Support Cushion
In case our first pick goes out of stock due to high demand and interest, this is the runner up support pillow for a recliner chair that will do much more than fascinate you. Desk Jockey is a brand that is known for making pillows for lumbar support and similarly to the model above, this one is suitable for different types of chairs and seats.
This pillow is guaranteed to soothe your intense lower back pain, and support you through extensive and lasting work sessions, whether you’re in a recliner, office chair, or even a couch or a car seat. The company works with qualified physical therapists to design these chairs with comfort and healthy posture in mind. As the company promises, it was designed to last as long as possible, thanks to durable materials that will never allow it to go flat.
The lumbar support cushion offers additional support and promotes healthy sitting and keeping your back straight. It uses a special Clinical Therapeutic Grade memory foam that conforms to the shape of your body and contours for great lumbar support. This pillow, not only saves your money but also your posture and the overall health of your spine.
- It is suitable for both recliners and office chairs.
- Medically-approved high-grade memory foam contours to your back.
- Great value for the price that offers great lumbar support.
- Designed in collaboration with physical therapists.
- Promotes healthy posture.
- It is great for gamers who spend a long time in front of a gaming console or PC.
#3. Best budget: Vremi Premium Memory Foam Lumbar Support Pillow
With its stylish design and a promising construction, the affordable Vremi premium lumbar support pillow has won our hearts. This pillow won’t only soothe your persistent back pain while you’re relaxing or working, it will also work to enhance your posture, promoting a healthy sitting position and much more. It has your back.
It uses high-grade memory foam lumbar support. The luxurious memory foam conforms to your spine and other points on the back will help minimalize or even eliminate back pain, while alleviating sciatic nerve pain. Additionally, the posture corrector encourages a healthy posture and a neutral spine position.
Whether you’re in the office, car or living room, this pillow will work with all types of recliners and other chairs. It also looks quite stunning so it will fit nicely with your chairs and add it a modern finish. Additionally, if you have a gaming recliner, it can work wonders for gamers who spend the whole day in front of gaming consoles or computers.
Finally, there are adjustable straps that get wrapped around the rear of a recliner or some other chair and keep the pillow steady, without the need to re-adjust. Unfortunately, it doesn’t work with all types of chairs. Lastly, the hypoallergenic mesh cover uses breathable materials to regulate the temperature and can easily be cleaned. It’s recommended for people with sensitive rashes, who are prone to allergies and other irritations.
- It can be used for every setup including chairs, home, cars, offices and others.
- It can be used for other types of recliner chairs like gaming chairs.
- Adjustable straps help keep the cushion in one place.
- The hypoallergenic cover will protect you from unwanted irritations.
- Super-affordable and adjustable price.
#4. Best for Short Torso: RS1 Back Support Pillow
We all come in different proportions and as such we often experience discomfort if we’re sitting on a large pillow while having a thin or short torso. That’s why the Relax Support pillow offers impeccable balance and snug fit for recliner chairs that have a not so tall user. Here are all the notable features we’d like to boast about.
It’s super-comfortable, and resembles a tender and soft cloud, in both terms of design and appearance, and comfort. It’s great at offering reliable lumbar support, without sacrificing the fit on a chair. In addition to that, it’s soft to the touch and makes you wanna use it all day long.
It’s a perfect balance of soft and firm. It’s soft to ensure the comfort and firm, to testament for the healthy body posture and neutral spine position. Its construction is ideal for everyone – people with chronic pain, travelers, office work, pregnant women and others. It uses high-grade memory foam that conforms and contours to your body in a unique way and keeps it a snug fit. Additionally, there are adjustable straps that are long enough to fit it to absolutely any sitting surface. With this pillow you won’t need to constantly adjust and change position, the revolutionary technology will ensure that you can focus on your work while the pillow keeps your back comfortable and well-supported.
- It is available in both firm and soft options, although there is a balance in both.
- It’s suitable for extended use. The memory foam contours to your body and hugs you in your seat.
- It’s versatile and suitable for absolutely anyone who needs strong lumbar support.
- Adjustable straps ensure that you won’t have to constantly change your position.
#5. Best for firm support: Everlasting Comfort Lumbar Support
Everlasting comfort cushion may be the most versatile support pillow for recliner chair, but many others too. It will support and soothe your back, especially if your back requires posture improvement and firmer support.
Additionally, this cushion sees its purpose in multiple other spaces. That includes gaming chairs, office chairs, couches, car seats, airplane seats, and many others. The universal contouring foam conforms to your back and keeps it neutrally straight, reducing and eliminating persistent back pain after a while. It can also be used for those who have neck problems but sees the best of its purpose and support in the soothing lower back.
It has dual straps that add more balance and keep the cushion in a fixed position. It is reliable, so you won’t find yourself readjusting the pillow every time you move. If something goes wrong, the company offers a lifetime replacement guarantee, which means that if it somehow curves itself, the company will replace it with ease. That way, you won’t have to worry about flattening. The pillow is super-firm and this gesture only tells about the pillow’s durability.
Finally, like some other pillows we reviewed, this support pillow for recliner chair offers hypoallergenic, breathable 3D cover made out of mesh that makes for increased airflow, keeping your back cool and preventing irritation.
- It’s a relatively affordable mid-range pillow with superior memory foam construction.
- Keeps and promotes healthy neutral posture with special emphasis on the lower back.
- It works on multiple types of chairs.
- Lifetime warranty ensures the pillow sees a replacement if it deflates over time.
How to Find the Best Support Pillow For Recliner Chair
Below you can find some popular questions about getting a support pillow for recliner chair.
Common Types of support pillows for recliner chair
Memory foam support pillows
Memory foam support pillows are the most common pillows for recliners, but also other types of chairs. They adjust to the shape of your spine and keep you comfy for an extended amount of time. They promote healthy posture, increase blood flow but reduce the tense sensation in the lower back. While there are some 100% bamboo shredded foams, most are made of hybrid materials.
Premium support memory pillow
Most of these pillows are budget-friendly options for people who spend a long time in a recliner. It works great with lower back pain and soothes aching coming from chronic conditions associated to back pain. It’s worth mentioning that these models are mainly hypoallergenic, preventing irritation and rash on the skin.
Orthopedic memory foam pillow
These medically-approved memory foam pillows are designed in collaboration with medical experts in the field of physical therapy and other fields. They boast a curved construction, delivering more balance and support. They usually come with adjustable straps that keep it fixed in position and prevent readjusting.
We Also Reviewed (Good But Not Great)
#6. Xtreme Comforts: Memory Foam Back Support Cushion
Xtreme comforts support cushion offers durable back pain relief with an ergonomic construction that is suitable for both bigger and smaller recliners. It works in a medically-approved way, tested by physical medical experts who wanted to test the comfort levels and reliability. It noticeably improves comfort and promotes sufficient blood circulation. It’s ideal for back pain coming from pregnancy, herniated disc, sciatica nerve, arthritis, and scoliosis. It is portable and easy to carry thanks to a protective carry bag so it can be used for both recliners and other types of chairs.
- Premium back pain relief for people who suffer from various conditions.
- Portable construction that allows carrying around in a small comfy bag.
- Memory Foam build conforms to your body and offers unprecedented support.
- Zippered Removable Cover can be cleaned with ease and washed in a machine.
- Lifetime replacement is a testament to its superior quality.
Drawbacks: Despite boasting some amazing features, Xtreme Comforts support pillow for recliner chair may be too expensive for some people’s wallets. Furthermore, it may appear too firm for people with a fragile spine and people who suffered from a traumatic injury.
#7. Fortem Lumbar Support Pillow
Fortem lumbar support pillow for recliner chair is a great investment in comfort and natural support for the spine. It allows you to promote a healthy sitting posture and enhances it in the process. It also works in a way to reduce all possible pressure that you may feel in the spine. We recommend it for people who have aching issues all the time they’re sitting for an extended time or ongoing health issues associated with intensive pain that comes afterward. It is available in two options – black and white.
- It’s comfy and easily used even after hours of sitting.
- It’s medically approved to alleviate pain from well-known back issues.
- It uses firm memory foam to give additional support.
- It boasts 3D ventilated mesh cover which can be removed and washed.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee, meaning the company will give you a new pillow if the one you own flattens up.
Drawbacks: Some short people might have problems getting reliable support from this cushion. The reason is that its surface is too tall, so it won’t give the necessary support for the lower back. Also, the straps can’t be used on all types of chairs.
#8. Wonder Comfort Lumbar Support
Wonder Comfort lumbar support pillow for a recliner and office chairs looks super-cute and super-cushy for any purpose. Its low position is beneficial to treating various problems with back pain, as well as ensuring more comfort when working in the office all day long. There are a lot of features that are the testament of its premium quality and support.
- It works to improve your posture or maintain the healthy posture you promote.
- Soothes persistent back pain associated with health issues like scoliosis, arthritis, and others.
- Machine-washable mesh covers.
- Ideal for multiple uses.
- It uses a special “no pancake” foam formula that won’t let it go flat.
- Lifetime money-back guarantees to mean you can return it if unsatisfied.
Drawbacks: It’s pretty much too small for somebody builds and may provide insufficient support for people who are too tall or spend too much time sitting. The material feels rough at times.
#9. Love Home Memory Foam Pillow
We don’t know what we love more about this pillow – the fact that it truly alleviates back pain and fixes body posture or the fact it’s so nicely and smoothly designed, with multiple color choices. It’s durable, sturdy and effective. You’re guaranteed to feel the change when you start using it and enjoy its breathable and washable mesh cover. We fell in love with its features and we strongly believe you will too.
- It’s great for all kinds of lower back pain because it provides durable support other recliner chairs can’t.
- It has a firm and sturdy design that keeps it durable and conform to your body with premium foam.
- It uses two straps instead of one to keep the pillow in one position.
- 60-day return guarantee. If you aren’t loving the quality you can easily return it.
Drawbacks: It’s a premium pillow, but it’s overly expensive. Additionally, while some manufacturers offer a lifetime return policy, Love Home cushion can only be returned 60 days after purchase. We aren’t saying the pillow is bad compared to others, but maybe its lifespan could be shorter as a result of this return policy.
#10. Samsonite Lumbar Support Pillow
Whether you need more recliner support or you spend a long time in a car Samsonite lumbar support pillow will adjust to your needs. It’s supportive and helps alleviate and reduce back pain, especially when you have to sit for extended amounts of time. Its ergonomic design is also what we like, it conforms to your body and comes with a cool strap that keeps it well-seated.
- Various supportive properties that help you sit and work for extended amounts of time.
- Ergonomic design that follows the curve of your spine to reduce strain.
- High-quality memory foam gives additional firmness and comfort. It’s supportive and conforms to your body.
- It comes with an adjustable strap in case it can’t fit your seat perfectly.
Drawbacks: The strap doesn’t appear the most reliable. Your back will slip now and then if the recliner is too tight or the strap doesn’t fit everywhere, which is a possible case. Additionally, there’s no return guarantee like it’s the case with other brands.
Depending on why you need the support pillow for a recliner chair, you may want to consider firmer or softer options. So far, support pillows have proved to be extremely helpful and beneficial for the lumbar region, so if you suffer from some spine problems or you want to enhance your posture, lumbar support pillows are worth it.