The first thing that we should get out of the way when it comes to the Tempur-Pedic Breeze line of mattresses is that they are very expensive. The price can go up to 5,000 dollars for queen-size mattresses. We believe you should know the highest price right away and see if it fits your budget; otherwise, this review might be redundant to you then.
Now, that we got the price part out of the way, and you’re still reading, then this Tempur-Pedic Breeze review will surely be helpful to you. If you intent to upgrade your mattress game and you got the penny for it, you can’t really go wrong with the Tempur-Pedic Breeze line.
So, in the following paragraphs, we’re going to take a look at the Breeze line, what it offers, what the mattresses feature and how will they fit your lifestyle and sleep requirements. So, without further ado, let’s get started!
Tempur-Pedic Collections and Breeze Line Overview
Now, Tempur-Pedic has several mattress collections that have proven to be very successful and are some of the company’s best sellers. Their collections include the LuxeAdapt, PRO ADAPT, and ADAPT mattresses, which are generally great for people with back pain and back conditions (scoliosis, sciatica, fibromyalgia, etc.).
However, the Breeze collection is the latest mattress update from Tempur-Pedic, which includes two types of mattresses, Luxe Breeze and Pro Breeze;
- Luxe Breeze – Luxe Breeze comes in two further types, Soft and Firm. Both are memory foam mattresses which have a starting price point at $4,699.
They are intended for hot sleepers, sleepers who experience excessive night sweats and general back pain issues. The difference lies in the fact that the Luxe Breeze Soft is intended for lightweight sleepers, and the Luxe Breeze Firm is intended for heavier sleepers.
- Pro Breeze – just like the Luxe Breeze, the Pro Breeze comes in two further types, Pro Breeze (memory foam), and Pro Breeze Hybrid (memory foam and innerspring coils). Both mattresses have a starting price point of $3,699.
The memory foam Pro Breeze mattress is intended for side sleepers or people who experience excessive night sweats. On the other hand, the Pro breeze Hybrid is intended for back/stomach sleepers as well as heavier side sleepers. Not to mention, this mattress as well is intended for hot sleepers.
Tempur-Pedic Breeze Specifications and Features
1. Luxe Breeze Soft
- Mattress firmness – 6 on the scale of 10, or medium-firm
- Material – memory foam
- Mattress size – Queen-size 60” x 80” x 13”
- Warranty – 10 years limited warranty
- Trial period – 90 night, risk-free trial period
The Luxe Breeze (Soft) is a luxury mattress designed with the highest-quality materials to provide the highest-quality sleep. It is designed by experts who were particular about the breathability and the air-flow of the unit.
The mattress provides a cooler sleeping environment, which is proven to help you fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer. A cooler sleeping surface also enhances and improves overall sleep quality. The All-Night Cooling system seems to be one of the main innovative features of the mattress, but we’ll also look at some other important specs.
- The unit comes with the Smart Climate, Dual Cover System, which is designed to keep the mattress 8 degrees cooler than mattresses usually are. The cover of the unit is instantly cool to the touch and stays so throughout the night.
- The dual cover comes with the zip-off Easy Refresh outer layer. The layer is removable and easily washable and put back onto the mattress.
- During the first 20 minutes on the mattress, the sleeper feels the effect of the cooling system. That is because of the PureCool+ Phase Change material, which provides a consistent cooling sensation. Its effects are present for the next 8 hours, especially because of the breathable layers and air-flow.
- The Luxe Breeze comes in the following dimensions; Twin Long, Full, Queen, King, Split King, CA King, Split CA King (dimensions of each mattress are different, so make sure to check for more info on their site).
What is it good for?
All Tempur-Pedic mattresses are designed with a designated responsive technology, and so does Luxe Breeze. This means that the mattress is responsive to the body’s movement and activity during the sleep. This makes it good for couples and people who generally have restless sleep.
Furthermore, because this is the Luxe Breeze soft, which is a medium-firm mattress, it is surely good for people with back pain issues. Medium-firm mattresses are the best when it comes to conforming to the body and its curvatures, as well as taking care of all the body’s pressure points (neck, shoulders, back, hips, knees).
2. Luxe Breeze Firm
When it comes to Luxe Breeze Firm, the specifications and features are almost the same as in the LuxeBreeze Soft. The price, trial period, and warranty are also the same.
However, the Luxe Breeze Firm targets customers with different requirements. Here are some of the main differences, so you know what you’re getting with the Firm option;
- The Luxe Breeze Firm is a firm mattress, with firmness levels from 7-8, on a scale of 10. This makes it perfect for heavier sleepers and is fit for almost any sleeping position.
- It also features the responsive technology, so it is perfect for couples, especially where one partner is a restless sleeper, or when both partners are hot sleepers. The motion isolation and cooling technology really enhance the sleeping experience and quality for both sleepers.
- Because of its firmness, the Luxe Breeze Firm is perfect for people who experience serious back pain issues or conditions like sciatica or fibromyalgia.
It doesn’t only conform to the body, but also provides the necessary support for the body parts that are prominent and susceptible to pain and deformities caused by inappropriate sleeping surfaces or lack of support.
3. Pro Breeze, Regular – Medium
When it comes to the Tempur-Pedic Pro Breeze, we can say that the similarities with the previous two Breeze mattresses are numerous. The Pro Breeze is a soft to medium-firm, memory foam mattress.
The difference lies in the thickness or the height of the mattress as well as its softness. Unlike the Luxe Breeze mattresses, the Medium Pro Breeze is surely softer and more conforming, allowing a slight sinking sensation, as well as the body-hugging sensation.
Let’s see which other features are different and what makes Pro Breeze stand out;
- Compared to the previous two Breeze units, the Medium pro Breeze has a (queen) size of 60” x 80” x 12”, where we notice that the height or thickness of the unit differs in 1-inch. That is probably why this unit is softer than the others from the Breeze line.
- Speaking of firmness and softness, the Medium Pro Breeze is 4 -5 on the firmness scale of 10, which makes is soft to medium-firm. Such mattresses can be used by people who simply don’t like firm mattresses and who are in favor of the sinking and hugging sensation.
Also, to be fair, the majority of people opt for such mattresses, as the firmness/softness seems appealing and very comfortable.
4. Pro Breeze Hybrid
The Pro Breeze Hybrid is the hybrid model of the collection, meaning it is designed with memory foam and innerspring coils. The mattress shares the same price as the Medium pro Breeze, even though it is a little bit better than its fellow Pro Breeze counterpart.
Because these mattresses also share numerous similarities, we will only talk about the obvious, main differences between them;
- The Pro Breeze Hybrid features the original Tempur material and memory foam, but also comes with innerspring coils. Therefore, even though it has the same size and dimension options as the Medium Pro Breeze, it is still a bit firmer and more supportive than the Pro Breeze mattress.
- When it comes to the firmness scale, we’d say that the Pro Hybrid is between 5-6 on the scale of 10, which makes it a medium-firm unit. Because of its firmness, the mattress is excellent when it comes to body-conforming and well as motion isolation.
- Unlike the previous mattresses, it is believed that the Pro Breeze Hybrid is the most durable one in the collection. Because of the innerspring coils, the firmness and stability tend to wear out slowly, and the memory foam is also long-lasting.
The Breeze Technology Explained
The Breeze technology is Tempur-Pedic’s latest innovation, intended for hot sleepers and people who sweat excessively during the night. Also, the Breeze technology is generally useful when it comes to improving sleep quality.
Studies from NIH have proven that cooler temperatures induce sleep faster, promote sleep latency, and generally enable people to sleep longer and better. So, what is the Breeze technology exactly?
Tempur-Pedic has found a way to create a mattress that promotes cooling down throughout the night. This technology can lower the temperature up to 8 degrees in Luxe Breeze mattresses, and up to 3 degrees in Pro Breeze units.
The cooling sensation and effect are achieved through 4 layers of innovative materials that enable the All-Night Cooling system. The layers include;
- Smart Climate Dual Cover System – the mattress cover that is cool to touch, and stays so throughout the night. It is easily removable and machine washable.
- Pure Cool+ technology – the second layer of the mattress features the heat-absorbing material and technology. This prevents heat retention and pulls away heat from your body.
- Tempur-CM+ – the third layer of the mattress features the TEMPUR material. It is the advanced, redesigned foam that allows maximum airflow, breathability, and the all-night cooling effect.
- Ventilated TEMPUR-APR Material – the final, fourth layer of the mattress is believed to be the most pressure-relieving material Tempur-Pedic has ever featured in their products. This material is exclusive to Luxe Breeze mattresses.
Note: if you’re a hot sleeper or tend to sweat excessively throughout the night, you can try using cooling pads in addition to the cooling mattress. We recommend you check out the Bedjet or Chilipad mattress cooling pads.
Choose Tempur-Pedic Luxe Breeze if:
Here are some of the key points why you should buy the Tempur-Pedic Luxe Breeze mattresses. They’re good for;
- Back sleeping position or Savanasa – if you’re someone who experiences upper and lower back pain and you’re recommended to sleep on your back, the Luxe Breeze models are for you. Even though they come in soft and firm models, both conform to the body and provide the necessary support.
Luxe Breeze units will keep your spine aligned and will provide relief to the pressure points in the body (neck, shoulders, back, hips, and even knees).
- Plus-size sleepers – it can be hard for plus-size sleepers to find a suitable mattress that won’t sink under the weight and pressure. It is essential that the mattress provides comfort and support regardless of the weight and pressure, so the Luxe Breeze Firm would be a perfect choice.
This mattress provides support and conforms to the body regardless of the weight or even the sleeping position.
- Couples – because of the motion isolation technology, we definitely recommend the Luxe Breeze units to couples, especially where there are restless, or hot sleepers. You won’t notice that your partner is, for example, turning to the sides or getting out of the bed while you’re sleeping.
Normal motion won’t be noticed, but more prominent motion like jumping, for example, will, of course, wake you up.
Choose Tempur-Pedic Pro Breeze If
Just like with the Luxe Breeze, here are some of the reasons you should buy the Pro Breeze mattresses. They’re good for;
- Side sleeping position – even though the Pro breeze units are softer, they still provide comfort and support, as well as contouring to the body. These factors are probably most important to the side sleepers, because of all the pressure onto one side of the body.
Pro Breeze units will provide pressure relief and contour to the body. Your pressure points might sink into the mattress, and you may feel like you’re sleeping in the mattress, not on it. However, this is excellent for side sleepers, since there is no stress on the shoulders, neck, hips, and joints.
- Stomach sleeping position – it isn’t usually recommended people sleep on their stomach (this sleeping position disrupts spinal alignments and puts additional pressure onto the upper back, shoulders, and neck).
However, if you’re a stomach sleeper you might as well choose a mattress that will keep your spinal alignment proper. The Pro Breeze Hybrid is perfect for this sleeping position since it supports and cradles hips, chest, and the shoulders, without allowing sinking or arching of the back.
- Lightweight sleepers – regardless of whether you choose the all-foam or foam-innerspring Pro Breeze unit, if you’re a lightweight sleeper you will notice such an improvement in sleep quality.
The Pro Breeze units are generally softer, so they provide enough support and comfort to lightweight sleepers, without the feeling of sinking in. The units will provide coziness and softness, but also contouring and support for any sleeping position. If you’re a lightweight stomach sleeper, we surely recommend the all-foam model as well.
We truly hope that this concise review has been helpful to you. We tried to present all the necessary information we think you will find relevant in your mattress shopping. The Tempur-Pedic is an established and known brand in the mattress industry, so we believe you won’t have any problems with their mattresses.
Just make sure to read what we think about them and possible disadvantages you might come across with each of the mattresses. For more information, make sure to contact the company directly, as they will provide additional explanations and answer all of your questions. Good luck!