Sometimes it can be tedious and not very cost-effective to buy a new mattress. Or sometimes, even if you buy a new mattress, it still doesn’t feel good. Finding the perfect mattress, or improving your sleep quality without spending thousands of dollars can be difficult. However, mattress toppers come to the rescue, especially if they’re from Tempur-Pedic.
Tempur-Pedic has recently come out with a new member of the Tempur team called the TEMPUR-Topper Supreme. This is the company’s version of a high-quality, super supportive, and comfortable mattress topper. It is believed to turn any mattress into a luxury unit that will have you sleep as if you’re on a cloud.
But, we think it is best if we look into this topper and see for ourselves. So, if you’re looking to buy a mattress topper, but don’t know where to begin, this might be a good start.
What Is The TEMPUR-Topper Supreme?
The TEMPUR-Topper Supreme is a high-quality mattress topper, believed to be a unique, memory foam model on the market. Even though there are numerous memory foam models put out by other companies, Tempur-Pedic is convinced that this particular topper is the best you can get.
And sure, judging by their words, this topper seems to have it all; high-quality materials, innovative design and technology, and of course, the necessary thickness. Some of the key points that seem to put the Supreme topper above the competition are the following;
- Durability – memory foam mattress toppers tend to break down quickly, and often lose their shape even after a short time of use. However, it is believed that the Supreme mattress topper is as durable as it gets; because it is not only built with ordinary memory foam but rather the TEMPUR material, the 10-year warranty seems to be completely legit and valid.
- Breathability and the cooling effect – one of the most common problems with mattress toppers is that they tend to get too hot during the night. This can be a major problem for hot sleepers or people who experience excessive sweating. However, the Supreme topper is designed to be more breathable than the ordinary, memory foam toppers. It minimizes heat retention and promotes cooling as well as airflow.
- Easy cleaning – another complaint with mattress toppers is that they’re hard to clean. They don’t usually feature removable covers, and deep cleaning isn’t an option. The TEMPUR-Topper Supreme, on the other hand, comes with a removable cover, that is washable and easily put back on. Moreover, it is dust-mite and allergen-resistant, which makes it perfect for people with allergies or sensitive skin.
Essential Details And Features
Now that we’ve looked at the main key points that make the Topper Supreme truly supreme over the competition, let’s take a look at other important details;
- Topper dimensions – the Supreme topper comes in the following dimensions – Twin (38” x 74”), Twing Long (38” x 80”), Full (53″ x 74″), Queen (60″ x 80″), King (76″ x 80″), CA King ( 72″ x 84″). Each of the dimensions is compatible with the Tempur-Pedic mattresses of the same size. The topper is also compatible with other types of mattresses that have the same dimensions. However, dimensions of each topper may vary, so make sure to discuss the required dimensions with the company.
- Topper thickness – regardless of the dimensions, the TEMPUR-Topper Supreme is 3” thick, which makes it an excellent addition to any kind of mattress. For example, if you have a thinner mattress, that sinks and doesn’t conform to the body, the additional 3” of this topper will add more support and contouring to your mattress.
- Topper firmness – the firmness of a mattress topper is very important because it can either improve your current unit or make it even worse. The Supreme topper is a medium-firm item, which is the perfect firmness level recommended by sleep experts. This firmness level is suitable for people with back pain, issues with sleeping positions, and generally for those who like to feel comfortable but at the same time supported and contoured.
Tempur-Pedic advises the users not to wash the Supreme topper. Instead, they advise you simply wash the removable cover. You should wash the cover in cold water, with natural, non-invasive, or allergy-inducing products. Moreover, the cover can be air-dried or dried on a cool setting.
- Return Policy – unfortunately, upon purchase, Tempur-Pedic doesn’t accept returns. According to their Return Policy, because of the personal nature of products like pillows, toppers, slippers, bed linens, and other travel/home products, returns are not possible. Instead, the company protects your investment with a warranty.
- Warranty – Tempur-Pedic is known for its quality-guarantee and warranty for everything, from mattress toppers, pillows, to mattresses. For the Supreme topper, you’ll get a 10-year limited warranty in cases of damage or product defect. However, the owner of the topper will have to pay for shipping and transportation costs in cases of repair.
- Shipping – the Supreme topper will be shipped to you for free via UPS Ground. However, the TEMPUR-Topper Supreme is not available for expedited shipping. It can be, nevertheless, shipped to the US Territories for an additional shipping fee of $50.
- Trial sleep period – unlike with mattresses, Tempur-Pedic doesn’t offer trial periods for products like mattress toppers. Due to the personal nature of the product, it is simply impossible to use the mattress topper and then simply return it.
The TEMPUR-Topper Supreme Advantages
- Improves the sleep-quality – this mattress topper will make your mattress more comfortable and conforming to the curvatures of your body. Because of this, it can improve the quality of your sleep significantly, as well as help with issues like upper/lower back pain or conditions like scoliosis, sciatica, or fibromyalgia.
- Budget-friendly upgrade – it is an excellent investment for those who want to get the Tempur-Pedic experience without spending thousands of dollars on a new mattress. It is a budget-friendly option, that will not only provide the experience, but it will also protect your current mattress and keep it clean.
- Suitable for everyone – the TEMPUR-Topper Supreme is suitable for light, average and heavy sleepers because it adjusts to the pressure and shape and basically ‘remembers’ it. Moreover, it is also best suitable for back and side sleeping positions, which are usually most demanding in terms of pressure relief, support, and contouring.
- Easily set up and cleaned – you will receive the topper in a box. To be able to use the topper properly, all you have to do is let it expand fully. It might take a few hours, to a day. You should also let the topper air out, due to some off-gassing odor because the product is new. Not to mention, that any further care of the topper includes washing the cover only (the cover is easily removable and put back on).
The TEMPUR-Topper Supreme Disadvantages
The Warranty Question
We’ve explained the Supreme topper warranty in the previous paragraphs, but there is more you should know before you purchase this product;
- What is it that the warranty covers?
It is essential you know that the Tempur-Pedic warranty covers the following; physical flaws in the topper that have caused the TEMPUR foam to crack, split or sink even though you’ve used the topper properly, or haven’t used it at all. Moreover, if the foam deteriorates and makes the topper lose its original shape, the warranty will cover that as well.
- What is it that the warranty doesn’t cover?
The warranty doesn’t cover the normal wear and tear cases (where there is a decrease in softness or firmness of the memory foam that doesn’t affect the topper’s pressure relieve activity), tears, burns, cuts, stains, and other damage that is caused by the owner, or the lack of care (misuse, or neglect). Moreover, if you bought the topper from a non-authorized retailer, the company doesn’t allow warranty coverage at all.
Other Tempur-Pedic Mattress Toppers
In case the TEMPUR-Topper Supreme doesn’t fit your requirements or is too soft, here are some Tempur-Pedic mattress topper alternatives you can choose from;
- Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR ProForm Mattress Topper – this 3” Tempur-Pedic mattress topper is a medium-firm model that is built to adapt to your body. Unlike the Supreme model, this one is multi-purpose and can be used outside the bedroom for guest rooms, dorm rooms, for traveling, and much more. It is more durable than the average mattress topper and is designed to last for years. The ProForm also responds to the body’s temperature, weight, shape, and size to provide customizable comfort.
- TEMPUR-Adapt+Cooling Topper – another exceptional mattress topper from Tempur-Pedic is this Cooling topper. It features the TEMPUR ES material that is the same material found in the Tempur-Pedic mattresses. The topper adapts to your body completely, while also providing the cooling sensation. It could be described as the Luxe Breeze mattress as a mattress topper; high-quality, cool to touch, and incredibly comfortable and supportive of the body. The topper is 3” thick and provides a soft to medium-firm feel. It is exceptional for people who are in favor of the hugging sensation that some mattresses provide.
Recommend: You can also check 9 Best Memory Foam Mattress Toppers in 2021
We hope that this review of the TEMPUR-Topper Supreme has helped you in your search for the perfect mattress topper. For more information about this product, make sure to contact the company or visit their retail locations. You can contact Tempur-Pedic directly via phone/customer service or via email.
Overall, Tempur-Pedic is one of the most reliable brands in the industry, and you can be sure you’ll get a quality product in case you order from them.