The definition of comfort can vary from one person to the other, but we all know what true comfort feels like. Now, when it comes to mattresses, things can get a little tricky. Everyone has different sleeping preferences and may define a comfortable mattress completely differently from what other people would say.
Some find firm mattresses comfortable because they fit their needs, while others find soft mattresses comfortable and cozy. The deal with mattresses and to determine which is the most comfortable one means finding a balance between firmness, softness, conformity, and support. Only then will you find a mattress that will fit a wide range of comfort requirements.
That is why, in the following paragraphs, you’ll find our pick for the 10 most comfortable mattresses you can currently find on the market. We hope that our list will help you in case you’re buying a new mattress and comfort is your no.1 priority.
So, enough with the introduction and let’s get started! In no particular order, here are the top 10 best and most comfortable mattresses for 2020.
10 Most Comfortable Mattresses (And Affordable for the Family)
1. Allswell Luxe Hybrid
If you’re looking for a mattress that is comfortable to both, your body and your wallet, then this budget-friendly, luxury product is for you. The Allswell Luxe hybrid mattress is a unit that features innovative, copper-infused memory foam and individually wrapped coils. Just this feature alone is enough to understand the comfort that comes with this mattress; you’ll feel not only comfortable in your sleep, but your body will also receive the support and contouring it requires. This unit will conform to your curvatures, prevent pressure point pain, and will provide a lovely sensation of hugging without causing sinking or back pain.
Note: We also feature Allswell mattress in 4 Best Hybrid Mattresses 2020 (Ideal for Hot Sleeper and Plus-Size Individual)
Essential Comfort Details
- The mattress has a medium-firm feel to it, which makes it perfect for people with back pain issues, muscle, and joint pain, as well as for people who like to sleep on their side or back.
- The unit features a plushy top layer that also provides a cooling effect, for the ultimate comfort and high-quality sleep. SwirlFoam is the technology responsible for this feature; it keeps the body temperature consistent throughout the night.
- The Allswell Luxe hybrid mattress is made to last, so you will enjoy your comfortable sleeping surface for a long time. It requires minimal care and stays soft and clean even after years of regular use.
The Allswell Luxe Hybrid mattress is best for…?
- The unit is intended for lightweight and medium-size sleepers. These categories will experience the true comfort of this mattress. However, it will not be comfortable for plus-size sleepers, and might even cause some back-pain and pain to other pressure points, like shoulders, hips, or knees.
- The unit is also intended for people who generally sleep on their back or side. It provides the best support and comfort in these sleeping positions. For people who sleep on the stomach, this mattress might not be comfy; moreover, it could cause or worsen upper back, chest, and pelvic pain.
2. Nectar Memory Foam Mattress
Now, even though the Nectar mattress is a medium-firm, memory foam unit, it has shown to provide the ultimate comfort to seemingly any type of sleeper. The Nectar Sleep company is so convinced you’ll like their mattress that they decided to offer 365-night, risk-free sleep trial to each of their customers. They claim that this unit will provide not only comfort but also support and conformity to any type of sleeper and any sleeping position, regardless of the size and weight of the sleeper.
So, if you experience back pain, or you like sleeping on your stomach, but also want to stay comfortable, make sure to check the Nectar mattress.
Essential Comfort Details
- The reason the Nectar mattress is among some of the most comfortable units is because of its adaptive memory foam that is made to relieve pressure and make people feel comfortable throughout the night.
- The unit also comes with the quilted memory foam mattress cover to ensure the softness and breathability of the mattress. It is also responsible for additional comfort and coziness, while still providing necessary support and conformity.
- Just like any comfortable and high-quality mattress, this one also comes with a cooling cover, that is removable and machine washable. The cover will help you feel cool and cozy during sleep, which will surely improve your sleep quality.
The Nectar Memory Foam mattress is best for…?
- The unit is excellent for medium- and plus-size sleepers, even though it has a medium-firm feel to it. Because of the adaptive foam, it is able to adapt to people within these categories without sinking or losing its firmness and comfort. On the other hand, it might not be too comfortable for people who weigh less than 130lbs (it may be too firm for lightweight sleepers, and ultimately, not comfortable.)
- The unit is also great for couples, especially if one of the partners is a restless sleeper. You will still feel comfortable because Nectar mattresses feature motion isolation technology.
3. Tempur-Pedic Luxe Breeze
Tempur-Pedic is one of the best mattress companies in the industry. Their Luxe Breeze mattress collection has proven to be one of the best they’ve done. Luxe Breeze mattresses are made to fit anyone’s sleep requirements. That is why you can choose between Luxe Breeze Soft and Firm, for your ultimate comfort during sleep. Both Soft and Firm units focus on providing support, contouring, and conformity to any kind of sleeper or any type of sleeping position.
However, if you’re someone who prefers plush and softness to feel comfortable you’ll choose Luxe Breeze Soft; and if you prefer more stability and support, you’ll choose the Firm unit. Either way, you will get to experience some of the most comfortable and cozy nights of your life with the Luxe Breeze collection.
Essential Comfort Details
- The Luxe Breeze collection comes with the SmartClimate, Dual Cover System. This system is a part of the cooling technology that is designed to keep the mattress 8 degrees cooler throughout the night.
- The units also feature responsive technology and motion isolation, which further contributes to comfort, coziness, and uninterrupted sleep. This makes the Luxe Breeze perfect for restless sleepers and couples.
- The mattresses feature several memory foam layers, where the comfort layer is specially made to ensure a comfortable sleep, without compromising the support and contouring abilities of the units.
- The units feature PureCool+ Phase Change material, that ensures a cooling sensation throughout the night. This material is breathable and ensures a consistent airflow, which definitely contributes to extra comfort and exceptional sleep experience.
The Tempur-Pedic Luxe Breeze mattress is best for…?
- The Luxe Breeze Soft is excellent for lightweight sleepers or people who like some extra cushion and hugging sensation. On the other hand, the Luxe Breeze Firm is excellent for medium- and plus-size sleepers as it provides more support while still ensuring a comfortable sleep.
- The Luxe Breeze mattresses are also excellent for restless, hot sleepers, as well as for couples. The units ensure the all-night cooling effect, and motion isolation, which will have both hot and restless sleepers at ease, so they can get a good night’s sleep without worrying about excessive sweating, discomfort, and being hot.
4. Saatva Loom & Leaf Mattress
The Saatva Loom & Leaf mattress is one of the most comfortable, premium foam units on the market. It is designed with comfort as the priority but still provides exceptional support and conformity to the body. The Loom & Leaf unit is one of the few mattresses that has managed to combine incredible comfort levels even when the unit is rather firm (8 on the scale of 10 of the firmness level). Upon purchase, the customers can even choose which comfort level they want (Relaxed Firm or Firm). Saatva really wants to meet everyone’s comfort preferences but doesn’t compromise support, conformity, and the stability of the body on the mattress.
Essential Comfort Details
- The Loom & Leaf mattress comes with 4 layers that are specifically designed to provide comfort and support; the base, multi-layer support, premium memory-foam, gel cooling layer, and the quilted organic cotton cover. All of the layers work together to provide comfort, support, contouring, and cooling sensation.
- The customers can choose the comfort level they find would fit their sleep requirements the best. They can choose between Relaxed Firm (a combination of plush comfort and contouring support) and Firm (balance between comfort and firmer support for the ‘floating on the mattress’ sensation).
- The Loom & Leaf unit features a gel-infused, breathable foam that provides a cooling effect alongside a unique pressure relief and support to the lumbar region. This means that you can sleep comfortably even with a serious back or pressure point pain.
The Saatva Loom & Leaf mattress is best for…?
- People who like to sleep on their back, side, or stomach find this mattress to be perfect. The mattress is exceptional for every sleeping position because it is designed to relieve pressure, provide support, and also keeping you comfortable and cozy.
- The unit is also great for people of various sizes. So, regardless of whether you’re a lightweight or plus-size sleeper, you can still sleep comfortably on the Loom & Leaf, due to the choice of firmness and innovative gel-infused memory foam.
5. Avocado Green Mattress
Avocado Green Mattress is an awarded unit; so far it has been awarded the Best Mattress of 2020, Pinnacle Award, and Home Award. It is surely one of the best units on the market, and we believe, one of the most comfortable units as well.
The Green Mattress is a 100% natural, organic, and certified mattress. It is a product of California, where it is handmade out of materials like latex, wool, organic cotton, and features pocketed coils. This means that the unit is hybrid, which usually stands for comfort and support.
Note: Avocado Green Mattress is also featured in 5 Best Organic, Eco Friendly, and Natural Mattresses 2020 (And we also feature Helix Birch(#10) and Plushbeds(#7) in this list)
Essential Comfort Details
- The Avocado Green Mattress is made from certified, organic latex, which is known to contribute to the comfort of some of the best mattresses on the market. Moreover, the rest of the mattress is made from GreenGuard Gold Certified, organic materials that provide natural cushioning and coziness.
- The unit has a gentle, medium-firm feel. It delivers a balanced level of firmness which stands for both, comfort and support. That is why this unit can be used by anyone; from people with back pain to those who simply want to feel like they’re sleeping on a cloud.
- One of the reasons the Avocado Green Mattress is so comfortable lies in the fact that it is handmade. It features 1,424 individually tuned, tempered steel coils as well as soft, needle-tufted rosettes made from organic wool. All of this improved the comfort levels of the unit, as well as the quality and durability.
The Avocado Green mattress is best for…?
- People who are side or stomach sleepers require a mattress that provides support, pressure relief as well as contour, and conformity. Luckily, the Avocado Green Mattress offers all of that. It is also excellent for back sleepers, but you might need an additional plush topper to make the unit, even more, conforming and cozy.
- The unit is also excellent for hot sleepers because the organic cotton and wool promote the cooling effect and breathability. Moreover, restless sleepers and couples have also described this unit as excellent, very relaxing, and comfortable.
6. The Purple Mattress
The Purple mattress might possibly be one of the best-known units. It has been a huge hit on the Internet and continues to be so even today. This medium-firm unit is praised for its innovative technology and design, which provides exceptional comfort levels and sleeping experience.
With this unit, there is no compromise between support, comfort, contour, conformity, quality, and price. You will get everything in one mattress, that won’t cost much but will last a lifetime. The unit is known for its Purple Grid system as well as the ability to ‘hug’ the body and comfort to every pressure point and curvature.
Essential Comfort Details
- The unit features the Purple Grid system, which is famous for its ability to conform to the body, flex under pressure, and provide support to all pressure points. This makes the Purple mattress more responsive and adaptable to any weight, shape, or size of the sleeper.
- The Purple mattress is also famous for its cooling effect and breathability thanks to thousands of open-air channels withing the unit’s construction. For this reason, the unit doesn’t retain heat and ensures a cooling, comfortable sleeping surface.
- Unlike other units, this one features hyper-elastic polymer, which is a material that ensures durability. With Purple mattress, you can be sure you’re investing in a life-long unit, since it is not made from low-quality memory foam or other materials that easily wear out.
The Purple mattress is best for…?
- This unit will fit basically any type of sleeper or any sleeping position. Because of the Purple Grid system, the unit is able to handle any size, shape, or weight without compromising support, comfort, and conformity. So, regardless of the sleeping position, or whether you’re a lightweight or a plus-size sleeper, this unit will take care of you for the nights to come.
- People who are hot sleepers, who sweat excessively or who are simply restless will find this unit exceptional. Because of its open-air system and breathability, it will keep you cool, calm, relaxed, and comfortable.
Note: Purple is also featured in The Ultimate List of the Best American Made Mattresses
7. Plush Beds – The Botanical Bliss Mattress
Another mattress on this list that is made entirely out of natural and organic materials is the Botanical Bliss, organic latex mattress. This unit is so comfortable and good for your health that it is regularly recommended by orthopedic specialists and chiropractors as the best sleeping solution. It is generally believed that organic latex mattresses are probably the most comfortable units, and this one is a perfect example. The mattress provides support to the body as it gently cradles the pressure points and relieves pain.
Moreover, the organic cotton and wool in the mattress promote a cooling sensation and breathability, for an even better sleeping experience.
Essential Comfort Details
- One of the most important features of the Botanical Bliss unit is organic Dunlop latex that provides both, softness and support to any type of sleeper or any sleeping position. Organic latex can conform to the body completely and provide support and pressure relief for every single pressure point.
- The unit is praised for the use of organic materials; organic cotton and organic New Zealand wool, which are both certified and provide exceptional comfort to the body. The organic cotton is breathable, while the wool is temperature regulating, which further adds to the quality of sleep and the comfort levels you’ll experience on this mattress.
- Because the mattress features organic latex, it allows you to sleep cool throughout the night. There is no unnecessary heat retention and irritability that comes with it. The cooling effect has the same efficiency even after years of use.
The Botanical Bliss mattress is best for…?
- People who like to sleep on the side or the stomach may find this mattress exceptional. Organic latex does a great job supporting pressure points in these sleeping positions without compromising the softness and comfort of the mattress. Your hips, chest, back, and the pelvic area won’t be under additional pressure (which is usually painful) so long you’re sleeping on the Botanical Bliss.
- People who are looking for a truly comfortable, soft, and plushy unit that will also provide support and contour to their body will find this mattress very unique and up to the task. The 5 layers in the mattress are designed to keep the unit firm in all the right places and very plushy and soft in other ones.
8. Brooklyn Bedding – Brooklyn Aurora Hybrid Mattress
The Brooklyn Aurora is Brooklyn Bedding’s best selling unit. It has been on the market for a long time and still manages to compete with the newer, more innovative mattresses. The reason for that lies in the high-quality construction and incredible design that focuses on providing support, conformity but also pressure relief and comfort. Even though it is a mainstream name, the Brooklyn Aurora features innovative technology itself, which contributes to a comfortable sleep and incredible contouring of the body throughout the night.
Essential Comfort Details
- Brooklyn Aurora offers three comfort levels, so the customers can choose which one fits their sleeping preferences the best. They can choose between soft, medium, and firm. Each comfort level still provides support and contouring, but there is a difference in plushness and softness.
- The unit features the CopperFlex foam, which stands for responsive conforming and contouring technology. This means that the mattress does not only contour the body but also relieves pressure and contributes to both comfort and support regardless of the position you sleep in. The unit also features the TitanFlex foam, which offers cloud-like comfort.
- The unit also features a cooling system, which was developed by sleep experts. The cooling system comes in the form of TitanCool surface infusion which maintains the body and skin temperature at the ideal 88 degrees (which has been proven by scientists to be the best temperature to get quality, deep sleep).
The Brooklyn Aurora is best for…?
- Because of its organic materials and breathable foam, this unit is excellent for hot sleepers, people who sweat excessively and are generally restless sleepers. This would also make it great for couples who still want to be comfortable and cool even when lying next to their restless partner, for example.
- People who are side or stomach sleepers usually find the Brooklyn Aurora excellent for these sleeping positions. The unit provides excellent support for all the pressure points, which can be difficult to do for stomach and side sleeping positions. However, in these positions, your shoulders, hips, chest and pelvic area will be supported and comfortable.
9. Zinus Ultima Comfort Mattress
The Zinus Ultima unit is one of the best selling mattresses on Amazon, and for a reason. It is a perfect combination of cloud-like comfort and traditional support your body needs during sleep. The mattress easily conforms to any size, shape, or weight as well as any sleeping position. This makes it perfect for even the most demanding sleepers.
Not to mention that Zinus Ultima is the ultimate, budget-friendly option to the expensive mattresses. But, even though it is budget-friendly, you’re still getting the luxurious sleeping experience that you deserve.
Note: We also feature Zinus in 10 Best Budget Mattress 2020
Essential Comfort Details
- The Zinus Ultima is made from natural materials, which contribute to the softness and plushness of the unit. Some of the natural ingredients include green tea (memory foam infused with green tea), moisture-absorbing charcoal, organic cotton, etc.
- The unit features CertiPUR, US Certified foam, which is praised for the durability, responsiveness, and ability to conform to any size, shape, and weight of the body. It is also pressure relieving and promotes breathability and airflow.
- The unit is also praised for its soothing and cooling effect that ensures the highest-quality sleep for each user. It is truly a relaxing and calming experience to sleep on this mattress, which makes it perfect for restless and anxious sleepers.
The Zinus Ultima mattress is best for…?
- The unit is excellent for medium- and plus-size sleepers because it has a medium-firm to firm feel. However, the unit is still plushy and cozy in all the right places, which also makes it great for lightweight sleepers.
- People who want to sleep on a good-quality mattress that will still be comfortable and supportive, but also have a tight budget might find this mattress excellent. You’re getting a great value and a great mattress with the Zinus Ultima.
10. Helix Birch Mattress
Helix mattresses are some of the best ones on the market for a long time now. The company comes up with some of the most innovative units, and the Birch mattress is no exception.
This mattress is usually recommended because of its natural materials, incredible bounce, and outstanding, cloud-like comfort and coziness. It can be really hard to combine all of these features in one mattress, but Birch has it all. It is Greenguard Gold certified and truly deserves to be on our list of the most comfortable mattresses.
Essential Comfort Details
- This unit is optimized specifically for pressure relief, support, and comfort. It uses premium materials and is designed with specific densities to create the proper contouring, support, and pressure relief effect. The Birch mattress is all about natural comfort.
- The Birch mattress is often praised for the airflow and breathability it provides. Because of the organic materials, like organic cotton, hygroscopic wool, and Talalay latex, the mattress will keep you cool and cozy throughout the night.
- The unit features incredible six layers to ensure it conforms to your body perfectly. Each layer is made from natural materials, wool, latex, and cotton. However, there is also the support layer made from individually wrapped coils which contribute to motion isolation as well as the ‘cradle’ effect.
The Helix Birch mattress is best for…?
- This might be one of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers. Because sleeping on the stomach puts additional pressure on the neck, upper back, chest, and the pelvic area, this mattress does a great job relieving that pressure and ensuring comfort through the ‘cradle’ effect.
- Because of its excellent motion isolation system, this unit is also great for couples and restless sleepers. Tossing and turning is a thing of yesterday with the Helix Birch. You will finally sleep well, even if your partner is a bit restless and more active during sleep.
We hope that our comprehensive list and review has helped you with your decision regarding a new mattress. All the mattresses on the list are good in their way and are made to fit different sleeping needs and requirements. So, make sure to see which one fits your needs, and hopefully, you’ll be satisfied. For more information about each mattress, make sure to visit their official site, and contact the company.